httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matt McCutchen <m...@mattmccutchen.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Reverse Proxy URL confuion.
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 06:47:28 GMT
On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 22:04 -0600, Robert Steinmetz wrote:
> I've looked at the page source and the references seem to be generated
> by calling scripts. The links reported in the buttons are in the form
>
>     http://application/mydomain.com:80/application/file.aspx
>
> I'm beginning to think that the links are generated by the application
> in a way that isn't being caught.

If you want to fix this, you'll need to track down where in the source
the /application is coming from so you can write an appropriate rule.

If you can't get the HTML rewriting to work, a completely different
approach you could try is to redirect /application to / on the front-end
server:

Redirect 301 /application /

This will have extra overhead on every request, and it might not work
depending on how picky the application is.

--
Matt