httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Rogers" <mich...@michaelsrogers.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Help - Name Server - Maybe
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 00:57:25 GMT
Razi!

A question for the port forwarding in Applications & Games.  It asks for "application"
 I put Apache2.2 in the box, was that right or what does go there?
  From: Razi Khaja
  Sent: Sunday, February 01, 2009 5:19 PM
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Re: Help - Name Server - Maybe

    I also would like to know what goes into the httpd.config file:

    # ServerName gives the name and port that the server uses to identify itself.
    # This can often be determined automatically, but we recommend you specify
    # it explicitly to prevent problems during startup.
    #
    # If your host doesn't have a registered DNS name, enter its IP address here.
    #
    #ServerName localhost

    ServerName 10.0.0.115

  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#servername

  You should change ServerName to be:

  ServerName www.michaelsrogers.com

  I also took a look at the Advanced Routing screenshot.  I havent played around with that
on my router so I dont know how to use that to make you situation work.

Michael S. Rogers
(406) 967-2385

Web Sites: http://www.michaelsrogers.net & http://www.michaelsrogers.net/trainwreck/Wreck.html