httpd-users mailing list archives

From Scott Gifford <sgiff...@suspectclass.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Lags on simple static file requests
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 05:03:32 GMT
"Paul Prescod" <paul@prescod.net> writes:

> I grep my logs every day for slow queries. Sometimes I see a dynamic
> request in there and I go and optimize the code. But more concerning
> is when I see simple serving of very small static files on a very
> underloaded machine. I am looking for hints about the source.

Hi Paul,

I have noticed these lines in my logs occasionally, too.  I have
always chalked them up to slow clients, or clients who fall off the
network after sending the request.

I don't know the details of exactly how Apache calculates this time,
though.  Perhaps somebody more familiar with the internals of Apache
can provide some details.

-----Scott.