httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Why fastcgi is not popular in Apache?
Date Sat, 17 Jan 2009 23:58:42 GMT

On Jan 17, 2009, at 5:19 PM, howard chen wrote:

> Just wonder why not many people using fastcgi in Apache, rather,
> people tends to use mod_php, mod_perl, mod_python etc.

I think you might find some positive movement in this area recently.
For instance, see

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-dev/200901.mbox/%3c496ABECF.9060202@rowe-clan.net%3e

and other threads on the list in the weeks preceding.

> Seems fastcgi is more popular in Lighttpd, are there technical
> reason behind?

As the other response points out, perhaps it has to do with the bigger
ecosystem that allows you to run more language environments in-process
without having to resort to other moving parts.

S.

--
Sander Temme
sctemme@apache.org