httpd-users mailing list archives

From Oliver Marshall <oliver.marsh...@g2support.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Sudden "Can't Contact LDAP Server"
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2009 13:41:45 GMT
Eric,

If this were a bug, where's the best place to report it?

Also, is this the kind of thing that paid-for ubuntu support services would be able to resolve
for us ?

Olly

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Covener [mailto:covener@gmail.com]
Sent: 19 January 2009 21:02
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Sudden "Can't Contact LDAP Server"

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 3:56 PM, Oliver Marshall
<oliver.marshall@g2support.com> wrote:
> Eric,
>
> Reproducing it is possible, you just have to keep hitting f5, but it occurs at random.
Maybe once ever hour, maybe once every ten mins. I would say that rebuilding the httpd server
with a patch may be beyond me, certainly beyond my sanity level at the moment.

> I may look at setting up a packet trace tomorrow if I have time.
>
> In your opinion though, there's nothing up with the setup or the configuration bits I
posted?

I don't think you have any kind of config problem, and it even looks
like the connection pool is not a problem since this is your first
request being handled.

When it fails, is it always preceded by that "first connection for child" msg?

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com