httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gill, Christopher" <christopher.g...@siemens.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Rewriting Custom HTML Tags URLs for proxy with mod_proxy_html
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2009 01:32:15 GMT
Experts, TIA for any help you can lend.

I have the following html being output from a program of which I have no control of the source
(only that I need to proxy it).

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/print.css" media="print" />
<applet code="UploadApplet.class" codebase="fms/" name="uploadApplet" width="1" height="1">
        <param name="bootstrapURLString" value="http://TCE1:4555,">
        <param name="cache_option" value="Plugin">
        <param name="cache_archive" value="UploadApplet.jar,fscproxy.jar">
</applet>
<script type="text/javascript" src="common/basic.js"></script>

Of primary concern is getting http://TCE1.4555 to be returned as http://my.domain.com instead.

In the VirtualHost configuration for the proxy I have:
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName my.domain.com

ProxyRequests off
ProxyPreserveHost on
ProxyRemote http://my.domain.com http://tce1:8090/tc/
ProxyPass /tc/ http://tce1:8090/tc/
ProxyPassReverse http://tce1:8090/ http://my.domain.com/
ProxyPassReverse http://tce1:8090/tc/ http://my.domain.com/

ProxyHTMLExtended on
ProxyHTMLLogVerbose on
LogLevel Debug
ProxyHTMLLinks               param                   value
ProxyHTMLURLMap http://tce1:4555 http://my.domain.com

RewriteEngine on
...bunch of rewrite code to handle incoming requests for http://tce1:4555...

</VirtualHost>

Any advice on why this rewrite is not occurring, I thought adding the ProxyHTMLLinks option
for "param value" in conjunction with ProxyHTMLURLMap would do it, but it doesn't seem to
be.

Thanks again for any help.