httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Brian Mearns" <mearn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Idea for SSL with name-based Vhosts using two servers, mod_rewrite, and mod_proxy
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2009 13:45:20 GMT
On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 1:28 AM, Krist van Besien
<krist.vanbesien@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 4:27 PM, Brian Mearns <mearns.b@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Right, which I guess is a big problem for most use cases. For me, my
>> certificate is self-signed anyway, and I already use it for multiple
>> hostnames (myserver.net, www.myserver.net, web.myserver.net, which are
>> all aliased to the same vhost in apache).
>
> Than there is no reason not to have the virtualhosts all on the same
> server... Your solution is unnecessarily complicated.

Is that possible if I want to serve both secure and unsecure (80 and
443)? If I just setup my root configuration (i.e., not in a vhost) to
listen on port 80 and 443 and turn on the SSL engine, then all the
content will be encrypted, won't it?

Thanks
-Brian

Key Id: 0x3AA70848