httpd-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Alexandru Constantinescu <ald...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache caching not working
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2009 20:30:11 GMT
dd123 wrote:
> I have a webserver servicing the images and url for that webserver looks like
> this:
> 
> http://backend-server.abc.com/mcs-stream-war/asset/streamAsset?id=e98a887b-2eb1-456d-ba18-d21a1b0b06cc
> 
> The above URL is basically an image.
> 
> Now, I want to front this webserver with a reverse proxy caching apache
> webserver.  The reverse proxy part is workign good but it looks like the
> caching is not working at all. I want to use disk based caching and my
> config looks like this:
> 
> ProxyRequests off
> ProxyPass        /mcs-stream-war/asset/       
> http://backend-server.abc.com/mcs-stream-war/asset/
> ProxyPassReverse /mcs-stream-war/asset/       
> http://backend-server.abc.com/mcs-stream-war/asset/
> 
> 
> CacheRoot   /opt/apache2.2.11-mcs-caching/diskcache-store
> CacheEnable disk /
> CacheDirLevels 2
> CacheDirLength 1
> CacheMaxFileSize 100000000
> CacheIgnoreCacheControl On
> CacheIgnoreNoLastMod On
> CacheIgnoreNoLastMod On
> CacheMaxExpire 604800
> CacheIgnoreQueryString On
> 
> Here are my observations and issues:
> 
> 1) when I hit the given reverse proxy apache server with this url:
> http://reverse-proxywebserver.abc.com/mcs-stream-war/asset/streamAsset?id=e98a887b-2eb1-456d-ba18-d21a1b0b06cc,
> I can see that I am being served the image as the reverse proxy webserver
> gets connection to the backend resource 
> http://backend-server.abc.com/mcs-stream-war/asset/  and serves the image
> 
> 2) But the caching part is not working at all. Nothing is being created in
> the caching directory at all.
> 
> Here are the debug error messages:
> 
> 
> [Tue Jan 27 18:55:46 2009] [debug] mod_cache.c(131): Adding CACHE_SAVE
> filter for /mcs-stream-war/asset/streamAsset
> [Tue Jan 27 18:55:46 2009] [debug] mod_cache.c(138): Adding CACHE_REMOVE_URL
> filter for /mcs-stream-war/asset/streamAsset
> [Tue Jan 27 18:55:46 2009] [debug] mod_proxy_http.c(56): proxy: HTTP:
> canonicalising URL //backend-server.abc.com/mcs-stream-war/asset/streamAsset
> [Tue Jan 27 18:55:46 2009] [debug] proxy_util.c(1489): [client 10.52.34.94]
> proxy: http: found worker
> http://backend-server.abc.com/mcs-stream-war/asset/ for
> http://backend-server.abc.com/mcs-stream-war/asset/streamAsset?id=e98a887b-2eb1-456d-ba18-d21a1b0b06cc
> [Tue Jan 27 18:55:46 2009] [debug] mod_proxy.c(993): Running scheme http
> handler (attempt 0)
> [Tue Jan 27 18:55:46 2009] [debug] mod_proxy_http.c(1920): proxy: HTTP:
> serving URL
> http://backend-server.abc.com/mcs-stream-war/asset/streamAsset?id=e98a887b-2eb1-456d-ba18-d21a1b0b06cc
> [Tue Jan 27 18:55:46 2009] [debug] proxy_util.c(1991): proxy: HTTP: has
> acquired connection for (backend-server.abc.com)
> [Tue Jan 27 18:55:46 2009] [debug] proxy_util.c(2047): proxy: connecting
> http://backend-server.abc.com/mcs-stream-war/asset/streamAsset?id=e98a887b-2eb1-456d-ba18-d21a1b0b06cc
> to backend-server.abc.com:80
> [Tue Jan 27 18:55:46 2009] [debug] proxy_util.c(2145): proxy: connected
> /mcs-stream-war/asset/streamAsset?id=e98a887b-2eb1-456d-ba18-d21a1b0b06cc to
> backend-server.abc.com:80
> [Tue Jan 27 18:55:46 2009] [debug] proxy_util.c(2300): proxy: HTTP: fam 2
> socket created to connect to backend-server.abc.com
> [Tue Jan 27 18:55:46 2009] [debug] proxy_util.c(2406): proxy: HTTP:
> connection complete to 199.1.146.213:80 (backend-server.abc.com)
> [Tue Jan 27 18:55:47 2009] [debug] mod_proxy_http.c(1703): proxy: start body
> send
> [Tue Jan 27 18:55:47 2009] [debug] mod_cache.c(639): cache: Caching url:
> /mcs-stream-war/asset/streamAsset?id=e98a887b-2eb1-456d-ba18-d21a1b0b06cc
> [Tue Jan 27 18:55:47 2009] [debug] mod_cache.c(645): cache: Removing
> CACHE_REMOVE_URL filter.
> [Tue Jan 27 18:55:47 2009] [debug] mod_cache.c(830): (13)Permission denied:
> cache: store_headers failed
> [Tue Jan 27 18:55:47 2009] [debug] mod_proxy_http.c(1796): proxy: end body
> send
> [Tue Jan 27 18:55:47 2009] [debug] proxy_util.c(2009): proxy: HTTP: has
> released connection for (backend-server.abc.com)
> [Tue Jan 27 18:55:47 2009] [debug] mod_cache.c(131): Adding CACHE_SAVE
> filter for /favicon.ico
> [Tue Jan 27 18:55:47 2009] [debug] mod_cache.c(138): Adding CACHE_REMOVE_URL
> filter for /favicon.ico
> [Tue Jan 27 18:55:47 2009] [error] [client 10.52.34.94] File does not exist:
> /local/mnt/apache2.2.11-mcs-caching/htdocs/favicon.ico
> [Tue Jan 27 18:57:08 2009] [debug] mod_cache.c(131): Adding CACHE_SAVE
> filter for /mcs-stream-war/asset/streamAsset
> [Tue Jan 27 18:57:08 2009] [debug] mod_cache.c(138): Adding CACHE_REMOVE_URL
> filter for /mcs-stream-war/asset/streamAsset
> [Tue Jan 27 18:57:08 2009] [debug] mod_proxy_http.c(56): proxy: HTTP:
> canonicalising URL //backend-server.abc.com/mcs-stream-war/asset/streamAsset
> [Tue Jan 27 18:57:08 2009] [debug] proxy_util.c(1489): [client 10.52.34.94]
> proxy: http: found worker
> http://backend-server.abc.com/mcs-stream-war/asset/ for
> http://backend-server.abc.com/mcs-stream-war/asset/streamAsset?id=e98a887b-2eb1-456d-ba18-d21a1b0b06cc
> [Tue Jan 27 18:57:08 2009] [debug] mod_proxy.c(993): Running scheme http
> handler (attempt 0)
> [Tue Jan 27 18:57:08 2009] [debug] mod_proxy_http.c(1920): proxy: HTTP:
> serving URL
> http://backend-server.abc.com/mcs-stream-war/asset/streamAsset?id=e98a887b-2eb1-456d-ba18-d21a1b0b06cc
> [Tue Jan 27 18:57:08 2009] [debug] proxy_util.c(1991): proxy: HTTP: has
> acquired connection for (backend-server.abc.com)
> [Tue Jan 27 18:57:08 2009] [debug] proxy_util.c(2047): proxy: connecting
> http://backend-server.abc.com/mcs-stream-war/asset/streamAsset?id=e98a887b-2eb1-456d-ba18-d21a1b0b06cc
> to backend-server.abc.com:80
> [Tue Jan 27 18:57:08 2009] [debug] proxy_util.c(2145): proxy: connected
> /mcs-stream-war/asset/streamAsset?id=e98a887b-2eb1-456d-ba18-d21a1b0b06cc to
> backend-server.abc.com:80
> [Tue Jan 27 18:57:08 2009] [debug] proxy_util.c(2236): proxy: HTTP: backend
> socket is disconnected.
> [Tue Jan 27 18:57:08 2009] [debug] proxy_util.c(2300): proxy: HTTP: fam 2
> socket created to connect to backend-server.abc.com
> [Tue Jan 27 18:57:08 2009] [debug] proxy_util.c(2406): proxy: HTTP:
> connection complete to 199.1.146.213:80 (backend-server.abc.com)
> [Tue Jan 27 18:57:08 2009] [debug] mod_proxy_http.c(1800): proxy: header
> only
> [Tue Jan 27 18:57:08 2009] [debug] mod_cache.c(528): cache:
> /mcs-stream-war/asset/streamAsset?id=e98a887b-2eb1-456d-ba18-d21a1b0b06cc
> not cached. Reason: HTTP Status 304 Not Modified
> [Tue Jan 27 18:57:08 2009] [debug] proxy_util.c(2009): proxy: HTTP: has
> released connection for (backend-server.abc.com)
> 
> 
> 
> Please help me with this. My gut feeling is: I am missing some small
> config..
> 
> 
Hi

Check permissions on your cache folder (apache user must be able to 
write in there)

alex


---------------------------------------------------------------------
The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org


Mime
View raw message