httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jim Price" <jwpr...@georgiasouthern.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Ip based virtual hosts stopped working
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2009 17:49:01 GMT
yes I can ping those ip addresses.

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 12:15 PM, Jim Price <jwprice@georgiasouthern.edu> wrote:
> Yes it was working before. Can't be absolutely sure when it stopped working. Could have
been when openssl was upgraded or could have been when os patches were added to the system.
I am using direct configuration on the main httpd.conf.  I have since downgraded openssl to
see if that was the problem. no luck. Also recompiled apache from scratch. I know through
a truss that the logfiles are being opened so it appears to be reading the config file. I
run a curl command directly on the machine to find out if the virtual hosts are listening.
curl: (7) Failed to connect to 10.8.10.5: Connection refused

> Thank you for any help
> Jim

> ?was it working before as you said it stopped. I am wondering if it was working and then
suddenly is no longer working. If so there may be a problem with the network or the server
may have fire walled that connection. Also I would like to know how you have the configuration.?Here
are the virtual host settings from the httpd.conf# Purpose: Human ResoursesAre you not using
a separate virtual host configuration file httpd-vhost.conf, or direct configuration on the
main httpd.conf file.-----Original Message-----From: "Jim Price" [jwprice@georgiasouthern.edu]Date:
01/23/2009 11:06 AMTo: users@httpd.apache.orgSubject: Re: [users@httpd] Ip based virtual hosts
stopped workingNote: Original message sent as attachment

> Insurance Variety
> Looking for insurance?  Click to compare and save big.
> http://tagline.excite.com/fc/BK72PcZabBe1S95TYGdFHnqGPtILRl1QXup1G92bCOVKYA6v4zvNJU/

Can you at least ping those other ip addresses?

Key Id: 0x3AA70848
Available from: http://pgp.mit.edu/