httpd-users mailing list archives

From hugh williams <hu...@soco.agilent.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: authentication for a group or for a user
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2009 21:07:39 GMT
I ran into this problem. I think you need to look at the directives

AuthzGroupFileAuthoritative
AuthzUserAuthoritative

I think at least one needs to be set to 'off' in order to allow the
checking process to not bail after failing the first check. You can
verify that this is the case by swapping the order of the two Require
lines, then the users will be let in and the group will never be checked.

They are similar in effect to the "AuthzLDAPAuthoritative Off" you have
set, which allows other tests to take place when the LDAP one fails.

hugh

André Warnier wrote:
> Eric Covener wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 7:33 AM, Malka Cymbalista
>> <Malki.Cymbalista@weizmann.ac.il> wrote:
>>> We are running apache 2.2.6 on a Linux machine.  We have enabledldap
>>> authentication. I would like to allow users to authenticate to
>>> aparticular directory either using a valid ldap userid from a list
>>> ofvalid userids or if they are a member of a group that I have
>>> defined inan external file.
>>> I put the following code into my httpd.conf file
>>>
>>> <Directory /my/directory>
>>>     AuthType Basic
>>>     AuthName "Private  Pages"
>>>     AuthBasicProvider ldap file
>>>     AuthGroupFile /WWW/httpd/conf/.htgroup
>>>     AuthUserFile /WWW/httpd/conf/.htpasswd
>>>     AuthLDAPRemoteUserAttribute cn
>>>     AuthLDAPURL "ldaps://a.server.com:111/o=Users?cn"
>>>     AuthLDAPBindDN cn=InternetAuthUser,o=system
>>>     AuthLDAPBindPassword xxxxx
>>>     AuthzLDAPAuthoritative Off
>>>     AuthLDAPRemoteUserIsDN On
>>>     Require group scientists
>>>     Require user user1 abuser
>>>

>>> This did not work.  The only way that I was able to allow theusers
>>> user1 and abuser to get in to the directory was by creating agroup
>>> for the and adding that group to the require group line anddeleting
>>> the Require user line.
>>> Is there a way to authenticate either via a user or via a group?
>>>

>> You'll need to clarify the details, and show when/how it's failing,
>> but there's no reason why your authorization shouldn't be able to do
>> group OR user.
>>
> Should there not just be a "Satisfy any" there ?

 Hugh Williams                  "More men are killed by overwork than the
 hugh_williams@agilent.com       importance of the world justifies."
 Agilent Technologies                           - Rudyard Kipling
 Santa Rosa 4US-R                             "The Phantom Rickshaw", 1888
 (707)-577-4941