httpd-users mailing list archives

From Davide Bianchi <dav...@onlyforfun.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Perl UNIX shell PATH problem with apache www user
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2009 15:11:43 GMT
Andy Smith wrote:
> Hi List,
>
>   probably quite a basic question, but where does perl get its PATH
> variable from when executig shell commands?

By the PATH defined for the user that "runs" the web server, that most
of the time is the 'default' PATH.

> have is that I have the same version of smokeping and Rt.pm on two
> different servers and on one I have been getting the error "traceroute
> no such file or directory"

Traceroute is most of the time under /sbin, maybe you need to add it
specifically to the path or check the permissions

Davide

--
It's a lot less painful and more fun to learn from someone else's
experience than on you own skin. - Bob Arnold