httpd-users mailing list archives

From Michael Ludwig <...@as-guides.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] configure script creating unsolicited dependencies
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2009 15:51:36 GMT
Michael Ludwig schrieb:
> I want an Apache with the standard modules plus mod_rewrite.
>
>   ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache22w \
>     --with-mpm=worker --enable-rewrite

I solved this by adding the follwing option:

   --with-included-apr

> lobster:/usr/local/src/httpd-2.2.11# ldd httpd
> linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xffffe000)
> libm.so.6 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libm.so.6 (0xb7fb7000)
> libaprutil-1.so.0 => /usr/lib/libaprutil-1.so.0 (0xb7f9d000)

This libaprutil is the culprit. As said in another post on this thread,
there is a Debian Apache 2 with bells and whistles on the system. This
depends on libaprutil. In turn, libaprutil depends on lots of other
stuff, like LDAP, PostgreSQL, SQLite, and what have you.

When configuring my Apache 2, the existing libaprutil is found and used
by default. So all those dependencies are acquired.

Using --with-included-apr (which might also make sense as the default),
the existing libaprutil is ignored, and no unwanted dependencies are
acquired.

Michael Ludwig