httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sacha Varma <sa...@ssl.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Serving default error pages after CGI?
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2009 12:11:11 GMT
I've been unable to google up the answer to this, so if anyone can help
it would be much appreciated.

The CGI standard (RFC 3875, 6.3.3) allows a CGI script to output an HTTP
status code header (e.g. 'Status: 404 Not Found'). A response body is
optional.

My CGI program outputs just this status header in certain situations,
with no body, and I would like Apache to serve the configured
ErrorDocument when this happens. It is relaying the HTTP status
correctly, but at the moment it seems to serve the CGI response's body,
whether or not there is one, rather than falling through to error
handling. In other words, I see an empty response, rather than the usual
Apache 404 page.

Is there a simple way to change this behaviour?

2.0.53 is what I've been developing with, if that's relevant.