httpd-users mailing list archives

From Michael Ludwig <...@as-guides.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Setting DirectoryIndex to a Location?
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2009 14:26:18 GMT
Brian Mearns schrieb:
> I believe DirectoryIndex is what you're looking for:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_dir.html#directoryindex

I thought so, too. I had tried, unsuccessfully:

   DirectoryIndex linch

> The directive takes a local url as the argument. Yours, I guess, would
> be simply
>
> DirectoryIndex /eumel/linch

This doesn't work either.

> I'll give you a heads up though, you may have difficulty figuring out
> what directory you're actually supposed to index from inside your perl
> script.

I should have clarified that it is not the task of my Perl script to
index the directory. I merely wanted it to show up as the default in
the same way that index.html shows up when present (and configured as
DirectoryIndex).

> Also, just an FYI, it looks like you might be able to use the UserDir
> directive to accomplish what you're now doing with Aliases.

Thanks for the hint, but in this case, I simply have Apache configured
to serve up my development environment. When deployed, the URL part is
going to look like this, with the filesystem part pointing elsewhere.
(Provided laziness won't make me leave it as it is.)

Which reminds me that I've often wished Apache had a feature like:

Var EumelRoot /home/milu/www/eumel

Alias /eumel $EumelRoot/www

<Directory $EumelRoot>

<Directory $EumelRoot/bla>