httpd-users mailing list archives

From JasonHirsh <hir...@att.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Virtual Domain Config Error
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2009 16:42:52 GMT

System  Apache 2.29

I have tried the following config in both httpd.conf and in the vhosts.conf
for my server.. I am trying to enable local host testig

NameVirtualHost *:80
<VirtualHost *:80>
    DocumentRoot "/Volumes/Mudshark/sites/kasdivi"
	ServerName kasdivi
</VirtualHost>

when i start up Apache i get

1/5/09 12:32:25 PM org.apache.httpd[14738] Invalid command '\xca\xca\xca',
perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server
configuration

and an syntax error for the DocumentRoot line

when I run config test I get

 Syntax error on line 224 of /private/etc/apache2/httpd.conf:
Invalid command '\xca\xca\xca', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module
not included in the server configuration

(which is the DocumentRoot line)

when I remove the virtual domain stuff I get normal start up

vApache/2.2.9 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.7l DAV/2 PHP/5.2.6 configured
-- resuming normal operations

Any thoughts I can't fund any xca command