httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ian Lauder <...@cyber-sea.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Unable to access sites on an Apache server from Internet Explorer
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2009 22:42:29 GMT
The one customer I am working on this problem with is a developer at
an ISP thankfully, but he doesn't know Apache or Linux.

He does have friendly errors turned off and he is getting the message:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

I'm still trying to get his IP address to compare to my Apache server
logs for more details, and I've got a call into Hosting.com to check
our "DNS Caching"  settings.

My sites are all plain HTML text and graphics with a little
javascript, nothing fancy they have the Meta tag:

In the header of every page too (didn't make a difference with or
without that).  So there shouldn't be any problem with the site
design as was suggested by someone.