httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Eric Covener" <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 32 bit Apache2.2.11 on 64 bit RHEL5.2
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2009 16:49:58 GMT
On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 11:44 AM, Vinay Purohit <Vinay.Purohit@trianz.com> wrote:

> 1) How to find the existing apache web server mode? (running command 'file httpd' from
Apache -> bin will give the mode. Is it correct?)

Yes -- Or, find apachectl or httpd and run -V|grep Architecture

> 2) If we install Apache web server 2.2 on 64 bit RHEL5.2, what will be its mode by default
i.e., default installation mode?

>From source or from a package? Can't you try it and see?

> 3) Can we convert its mode from 64 bit to 32 bit? i.e., is it possible to have Apache
web server in 32 bit mode on 64 bit RHEL?

> 4) If possible, how to do it?

In another thread, the compilation enviromnet was described to you.
Did you try it? What happened?

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com