httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mitar <mmi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Disable logging of invalid requests
Date Sun, 14 Dec 2008 22:18:11 GMT
Hi!

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 9:41 PM, Joshua Slive <joshua@slive.ca> wrote:
> For example, you want to log based on Request_URI. But to figure out
> what the Request_URI is, apache needs to parse the Request Line. One
> of the reasons for short-circuiting is an over-long request line,
> which would be dangerous to parse.

True. But in my case it is like this:

- if the request is valid and it is for some specific set of URLs, log it
- otherwise do not log it (also if it is invalid)

So I would like to see a switch/option which would say "do not log
invalid requests". If the request is valid, then I will check
Request_URI and based on that I will log it. I understand that I
cannot check Request_URI for invalid requests. But why I cannot
disable logging of invalid requests? I would like to be able to
disable that in CustomLog and maybe just get a warning in error log,
something like "IP this and this sent an invalid request". And what is
logged to an error log is already adjusted with LogLevel. I would put
this warning into info or notice level.

Mitar