httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bryan Bassett" <bryanbass...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] file replacement
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2008 14:08:57 GMT
I apologize that this is a very fundamental question.  How does apache httpd
on XP open the files it serves?

If there is very frequent access to an html file and the administrator plans
to replace it frequently using an application, what is the best way to
replace it so that the admin's app never gets locked out and the client app
never gets a corrupted file?  I know this is a good fit for dynamic content,
but I was hoping to put off that development for now.

Along the same lines, if the admin's app tries to delete a file while it is
being served, there is a small window of time where the file is open and
can't be deleted, right?

Thanks.