httpd-users mailing list archives

From "ernst schoen-rene" <erns...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] dbd syntax
Date Sat, 27 Dec 2008 18:34:29 GMT
I did have the mysql driver, and after many clean install attempts, I
installed apache 2.2.11  from apache 2.2.10 without re-compiling apr or
apr-util and bam, it worked.  My log files showed "could not connect to
mysql server" error.  mod_dbd only began connecting when I added a socket or
port option.  If I take that away, no connection.  My socket is
/tmp/mysql.sock, my port is 3306, both the normal default.
  Of course, even better than just breaking the password encryption the way
I had to would be to allow the user to choose encryption, the way
mod_auth_mysql did.