httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Disable logging of invalid requests
Date Sat, 13 Dec 2008 03:51:59 GMT
On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 11:32 PM, Mitar <mmitar@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is there a way to disable logging of invalid requests to an HTTP
> server (which result in a 501 response code)? I would like to log only
> specific URLs and I am using SetEnvIf with CustomLog to do that, like:
>
> SetEnvIf Request_URI "^/$" log_request=yes
> SetEnvIf Request_URI "^/index.html$" log_request=yes
>
> CustomLog "/var/log/httpd-access.log" common env=log_request
> CustomLog "/dev/null" common env=!log_request
>
> But the problem is that those invalid requests are still logged to
> httpd-access.log file.

No, some kinds of invalid requests will short-circuit the standard
request processing for security reasons. (You don't want to run a
bunch of complex code on input that may be deliberately trying to
break you.) Part of the code that gets short-circuited is the stuff
that allows you to do log exclusions.