httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bruno - e-comBR" <br...@e-combr.com.br>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache On Multi Core/Multi Processors
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 23:45:20 GMT
Hello all,

I want to know how much Apache's HTTPD takes the advantages of
multiple CPUs. Is there any difference about performance betwen using
worker or prefork as MPM??

Being a little "out of topic", let me ask you... On a Linux SMP
system, does a n Core processor works like n processors?? Is there any
differences taking performance advantages of multiple CPUs betwen
using multiple threads or multiple processes??

Just to make you understand the issue, I'm want to setup a dedicated
web server with two Quad Core processors, and I can't use worker(which
is multi-threaded) because I'm using mod_php. So, what I really want
to know: it's a fact that many CPU's(2 processors x 4 cores = 8) will
improve the processing performance??

Thank you all!!