httpd-users mailing list archives

From Paul <pvi...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] CGI based WebDAV client and Transfer-Encoding: Chunked issue
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2008 21:11:01 GMT
Hello,

I am working on patching a program that was written by a different
developer who is no longer with company.  The program is a CGI program
that acts as a WebDAV server.  Recently we found a problem when a mac
user running Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard) tries to paste a file into the
WebDAV folder on their computer.  Instead of putting the file on the
server, it was creating a 0 kb file.  After searching I managed to
find out this was caused by Apple's switch to using
"Transfer-Encoding: Chunked" rather than defining a Content-Length.

The problem I am having is that I do not know how to find out the
length of the input file that is coming from the client.  According to
the Transfer-Encoding specification, the data is supposed to be in the
form of:
"23
This is the data in the first chunk
1A
and this is the second one
0"

but when I do something like:
" cin.read((char *) myBuffer, 30);"
(note, 30 is just an example here), the result in the buffer starts
with the text being sent, and does not include any chunk sizes.  Am I
reading in the data wrong? Is the Mac sending the wrong information?
Is Apache filtering out the chunk data?

Thanks for any help you can give me,
Paul