httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Arthur, Simon" <SimonArt...@norwich.gov.uk>
Subject RE: syntax error
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 11:42:10 GMT
Hi James,

It sounds like the ServerRoot directive has been amended to point to the location of the website
being hosted. It should point at the location where apache is installed.

For example, in a default install on windows, it looks like this:

ServerRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2"

This directive tells the server where to put the configuration, error and log files.

Regards,
Simon (sga101)

________________________________

From: James Taylor-Bye [mailto:jtaylor-bye@hotmail.com]
Sent: 15 December 2008 10:49
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: syntax error

Hello again, it's me. (oh boy i hear you groan, lol)

I have setup apache to use my pc as a local server by typing localhost in the sever and domain
sections during setup.  Now when I run apache i get the following error :-

Httpd.exe  : syntax error on line 60 of c:/program files/Apahe software foundation/apache
2.2/con/httpd.conf:

Cannot load c:/website/module/mod_actions.so into server: The specified module could not be
found.

What if anything am I doing wrong, or am I just missing a simple step out somewhere.

Many thanks in advance.

Thanks (so far to)

Morgan Gangwere  and

André Warnier

E-Mail Disclaimer - Please Read

Confidentiality:
individual to whom it is addressed. The information in this e-mail may not be used or disclosed
except for the purpose for which it has been sent. If you are not the intended recipient you
must not disclose it,
copy it, distribute it, or take any action based on its contents.
Please reply and highlight the error then delete it.
Security:
Please note that Internet email is not a fully secure method of
communication. You should be aware of this lack of security
when emailing us.

This email message has been swept by for the presence of computer viruses.