httpd-users mailing list archives

From "ananth desh" <ananth.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] multiple instances issue in apache
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2008 05:10:23 GMT
Thank Eric & Davide,
   I have tried to start the httpd exec with the -f option , but i get
 errors 443 is already in use,But i have not mentioned  in the conf
file that port 443 is listening. Is there Anyway i can disable this.
Also kindly clarify , i ahve only 1 ip address..can i run 2 or 3
different instances of apache (httpd ) with different port numbers.

Thanks
Ananth

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 3:20 AM, Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 9:15 AM, Davide Bianchi <davide@onlyforfun.net> wrote:
>> ananth desh wrote:
>>> 2.  copied the entire httpd directory to another directory /opt/www/httpd01,
>>> 3.  Modified the httpd.conf file in the new directory i,e