httpd-users mailing list archives

From "ananth desh" <ananth.d...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] multiple instances issue in apache
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2008 14:07:28 GMT
Hi All,
 I  have been trying to run apache as reverse proxy ,with all the urls
pointing to the same IP.In this process

1.  Installed the RPM version of fedora 8 ( httpd-2.2.9-1.fc8) .This
installed  under /etc/httpd directory.
2.  copied the entire httpd directory to another directory /opt/www/httpd01,
3.  Modified the httpd.conf file in the new directory i,e
/opt/www/httpd01/conf/httpd.conf and changed the Listen port 8080
instead of 80 and the ServerRoot to  /opt/www/httpd01.
4. Copied  the httpd binary file and apachectl file in the same directory
5.Edited apachectl file and changed the HTTPD to point to the
/opt/ww/httpd01/httpd

When i run /opt/www/httpd01/apachectl start , It still read's  the
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf  file and gives errort port 80 already in
use.

Note: I have another application which is  running and using port 443
and 80 respectively.

6.When i run ./httpd -f   /opt/www/httpd01/conf/httpd.conf -k start
I get the following error,Now it looks like it has taken the new port
8080 ,but now 443 is a problem

(98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:443
(98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:443
Unable to open logs

Kindly let me know how i resolve this issue  please .I need to have 10
such instances.If one work i will duplicate the steps on other's as
well.

Thanks in advance
Ananth