httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Russell Bell" <russellb...@gmail.com>
Subject How do I know that caching is working?
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2008 20:03:56 GMT
     I apologize for asking a naive question.  I looked in the FAQ
and searched the mailing list and google.
     I installed a flash drive large enough to hold all the static
content of my website.  I built Apache (2.0.63) with the cache,
file_cache, disk_cache, and mem_cache modules installed;
httpd -l so reports.
     I configured httpd.conf to enable disk caching for my whole
website, then disabled it for the dynamic data.

        CacheEnable disk /
        CacheDisable /livedata
        CacheRoot /usb
        CacheMaxFileSize 10000000
        CacheSize       10000000
        CacheDirLength  4
        CacheDirLevels  5

I restarted Apache.  I expected to see files appear in /usb.
I haven't.  What's happening?

Thanks for your attention.