httpd-users mailing list archives

From Craig McQueen <mcquee...@edsrd1.yzk.co.jp>
Subject [users@httpd] LDAP authorisation with Unicode in the Base DN
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2008 03:21:34 GMT
I'm trying to do LDAP authorisation with an Active Directory server, and
the "Base DN" has Japanese characters in it. This should be no problem,
but I can't get it to work.

The Base DN is something like:
OU=裾野,OU=管理,DC=edsrd00,DC=local
The corresponding LDAP URL is something like:
AuthLDAPURL
"ldap://server:389/OU=\e8\a3\be\e9\87\8e,OU=\e7\ae\a1\e7\90\86,DC=edsrd00,DC=local?sAMAccountName?sub?(objectClass=*)"

NONE

I think it has the Japanese characters specified in proper RFC 2255
format. So I think there is a problem in the LDAP authentication module
in properly sending the queries with UTF-8 content in the base DN. The
error.log file says "[ldap_search_ext_s() for user failed][No Such
Object]" which seems to indicate that the LDAP server isn't getting a
valid base DN.

Any insights on this?

Regards,
Craig McQueen