httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.4 caching problem
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2008 22:54:45 GMT
Paul Cameron wrote:
[...]
In my (quite deep) experience, with 99% probability it is not a problem
of Apache, but it is a problem of either not really clearing your
browser's cache, or of a proxy server in-between that keeps the old
versions in its cache.
These things can really be a pain.

(And I'm just saying this so that you would not go and spend maybe a lot
of time investigating an issue in the wrong place).

First try the obvious : press the SHIFT button on your keyboard, and at
the same time click the reload icon.

If that doesn't help, clear your browser cache again, close your
browser, open it again, clear the cache again, and reload the page, if
needed by the method above again.

If that doesn't help, get Firefox if you do not have it yet, and add to
it the LiveHttpHeaders add-on/plugin.  It adds an item in Tools, call it
up, and without closing that window, go back to the main window and call
the page again.  Then go back to the LiveHttpHeaders window, and follow
the exchange between the browser and the server.
If you are seeing answers from the server with code 30x (not_modified
etc..), then you still have an issue with the browser cache.