httpd-users mailing list archives

From Morgan Gangwere <0.fracta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to build apache http server as a in-process module?
Date Sun, 14 Dec 2008 14:58:45 GMT
Nick Kew wrote:

> On 14 Dec 2008, at 05:31, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>
>> Leo Li wrote:
>>>
>>>    What I want to do is to plugin an in-process http server module in an
>>> exsiting product to expose its original functionality as web service
>>> (soap over http). :)  Since the existing product is already an
>>> executable one so it seems that the only choice is to write an apache
>>> module to communicate with apache http server and the existing product
>>> by IPC...
>>>    I know there are in-process http server in java but I would not like
>>> to add the burdon of an additional JVM and the cost of JNI calls so I am
>>> now looking for an in-process http server in native language.
>
> Might an alternative for you be to use apache as a proxy, and
> just write a proxy protocol module to communicate with your
> original application?  You might take the way mod_proxy_ajp
> communicates with a java appserver as a model for that.

... or write your own webserver to do what you want? Python has a nice
shell of one built right in!

--
Morgan Gangwere

Unknown Software
http://sonof.bandit.name/
Member, INCOSE [ incose.org ] PACA [ paca.org ] and NMUG [ nmug.net ]

[indrora@boxly ~]#_

Find me on FreeNode! irc.freenode.net ~indrora on ##linux