httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Fox <r...@findlay.edu>
Subject Re: Implementing SSL with name based vhost
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2008 15:05:30 GMT
Eric Covener wrote:
> Those aren't name-based yet.  If you had two on the same port, they'd
> have to share a single certificate and all their SSL settings.  So you
> could say it's vacuously possible.

I'm doing name based vhosts with SSL by using a wildcard certificate for
*.example.com.  All my vhosts are subdomains of example.com, so it works
for me.  The ssl cert is sent before the browser requests a particular
server name, but since my cert is valid for all of the server names, it
works.

Speaking of which, it's reminded me I wanted to post about mod_proxy
balancer-manager not displaying these ssl named based vhosts.  I imagine
it's not expecting this config, and isn't parsing it properly.  Any
assistance from those folks is appreciated.

Ryan