httpd-users mailing list archives

From Morgan Gangwere <0.fracta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2008 06:06:56 GMT
James Taylor-Bye wrote:
> Hi and many thanks for your prompt reply.  I believe in trying to be as
> polite as possible when it comes to asking for help from strangers.  Anyway
> on with my problem.......
>
> You are absolutely correct in your assumptions, so far.  A bit more detail
> on my problem.  I can install the programme properly, it's just when it asks
> for a server and domain name whilst installing it that I fall flat on my
> face.  I have entered something to try and point it to my own created file
> on my pc yet it won't have it.  So i have put in anything and tried to
> change the config file to reflect this.  Obviously I haven't got a server or
> domain at the moment.  I just want to use the programme to teach myself a
> new programming language that hopefully i will be using at some point in the
> future.

Localhost is a perfectly valid thing to use in this case. Dont worry so
much about it. If you'd like i can suggest EasyPHP as a wonderful
prepackaged Apache/PHP/MySQL setup. Its what i use on all my windows
machines so far.

--
Morgan Gangwere

Unknown Software
http://sonof.bandit.name/
Member, INCOSE [ incose.org ] PACA [ paca.org ] and NMUG [ nmug.net ]

[indrora@boxly ~]#_

Find me on FreeNode! irc.freenode.net ~indrora on ##linux