httpd-users mailing list archives

From Morgan Gangwere <0.fracta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to build apache http server as a in-process module?
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2008 17:08:43 GMT
Leo Li wrote:

> Hi, all
>
>      I would like to adopt apache http server in my project. But it is
> necessary for the http server to be an in-process module to be plugged
> in the current system. That is, I would make a little modification to
> the make file and build the httpd as a dll/so and export the main method
> for other modules to reference. But would it lead to some side-effect?
>

> Thank you in advance.
> --
> Good luck!
>
> Leo Li

Short answer: its not possible
Long Answer: Its not possible because apache was designed as a
stand-alone HTTPd.

Simple solution: write a way for your app to talk to Apache. I.e. write
a Module that mubmles between your app and apache when it gets a request
of some kind that it likes.

Past that, why would you want to do what you're talking about?

--
Morgan Gangwere

Unknown Software
http://sonof.bandit.name/
Member, INCOSE [ incose.org ] PACA [ paca.org ] and NMUG [ nmug.net ]

[indrora@boxly ~]#_

Find me on FreeNode! irc.freenode.net ~indrora on ##linux