httpd-users mailing list archives

From Morgan Gangwere <0.fracta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache2 shows path of docroot in the address bar
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2008 17:06:31 GMT
Conte Szandor wrote:

> no ducktale.org is a fake domain because httpd works on a lan ;-) and respond
> on a internal ip

What it sounds like to me is that you need to have a DNS record on the
inside (or at least an entry in your HOSTS file) that says that x.x.x.x
is Ducktale.org -- the only way a browser knows where something lives is
via DNS (and the hosts file)

on *nix its /etc/hosts on windows its
c:\windows\system32\drivers\net\etc\hosts (or some such nonsense)

For Example, i have 2 sites, both via DynDNS that i associate via my IP.
I can go to one and get one site. I go to another and get a different
site. This is because Apache sees that i'm doing a request for "foo" not
"bar" dot whatever dot dyndns.org

I'd try the netcat trick -- see what comes up.

also, define "Shows Path Of DocRoot in Address Bar" so i know i'm
barking up the right tree

--
Morgan Gangwere

Unknown Software
http://sonof.bandit.name/
Member, INCOSE [ incose.org ] PACA [ paca.org ] and NMUG [ nmug.net ]

[indrora@boxly ~]#_

Find me on FreeNode! irc.freenode.net ~indrora on ##linux