httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Clearing cache selectively on Apache + mod_cache
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 12:40:58 GMT
André Warnier wrote:
> Indeed.
> So either you create a sript/program that goes directly in the cache and
> clears the document (which would mean you can recalculate the hash that
> mod_cache uses for a given URL), or else you find another clever way.

This is yet another idea.
I just downloaded the source code for the latest Apache, and had a look
at the hashkeys related stuff.
That is
support/htcacheclean.c
modules/cache/cache_hash.h
modules/cache/cache_hash.c

I am not a C programmer, but the impression I get, is that it would not
be so difficult to modify htcacheclean to add another command-line
option to it.
This command-line option would take the URL of a cached object, and go
off and delete it from the cache.

Since that could be considered a useful addition "in general" to
htcacheclean, maybe one of the mod_cache developers would be interested ?