httpd-users mailing list archives

From srinivasch <sri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Need help in configuring caching of frequently downloaded file.
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 15:52:29 GMT

I am sorry if my question is vague. Anyways YES you are right we already have
an application which runs on tomcat and Apache web server. The PDF documents
I mentioned are big and they need to be retrieved everytime from database
whenever user requests, and we have quite a volume of users and their
requests for these documents hence we thought of caching these frequently
requested/downloaded pdf documents and the less frequent ones are either
flushed out of cache and the ones which are not requested should not be
cached.

         I hope I made some sense.