httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mark H. Wood" <mw...@IUPUI.Edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Specification for Common, Combined log file formats?
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2008 16:21:07 GMT
I need to build a gadget to extract information from HTTPD logs.
Various sources (including the Apache HTTPD 2.2 documentations) claim
that at least the Common Log Format is standardized, but I haven't
been able to find the standard itself.  Most of the format is clear,
but I have one burning question:  do I have to worry about quotes
within the three (or, according to some sources, four) quoted fields
of a Combined record?  And if so, how to handle them?

I presume that these three (or four) strings are URL-encoded, but it
would be nice to see a standard which says that this must be so.

Friends don't let friends publish revisable-form documents.