httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] AuthType, Content hashing for LDAP
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2008 18:29:40 GMT
On Fri, 5 Dec 2008 17:28:17 +0200
"Johnny Edge" <jedge@visafirst.com> wrote:

> Everything is fine and works as expected, however I much prefer to
> have the 'Authorization: Basic YXBhY2hldXNlcjphcGFjaGVwYXNz' header
> encrypted and not available to a var such as $_SERVER["PHP_AUTH_PW"]
> in PHP while not harming the ldap functionality.

Isn't there a PHP option to suppress that?  With CGI the password
is always withheld unless you compile with BIG_SECURITY_HOLE?

You could use RequestHeader.

> Do you reckon there is a work around for this, i.e. w/ mod Digest or
> other means?

That'll work around it too, to the extent that the credentials
exposed to PHP will be of no use to a cracker.  But better just
to remove it, or replace it with a dummy value.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/