httpd-users mailing list archives

From Torsten Foertsch <torsten.foert...@gmx.net>
Subject [users@httpd] What is the correct ETAG header?
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 17:45:47 GMT
Hi,

I have a compressed and an uncompressed version of the same document on
my disk. If the client sends the correct Accept-Encoding I want to send
the compressed version otherwise the uncompressed. If I send the
compressed version a Vary header is set. So the answer is correct.

But how about the ETag header? Should I send the same ETag for both
versions? Or can they differ because the Vary header says that the
incoming Accept-Encoding is needed to identify the correct resource?

Thanks,
Torsten