httpd-users mailing list archives

From Pavel Ustyugov <p.ustyu...@inets.ru>
Subject RewriteRule / RewriteCond don't interpolate server variables in pattern regex
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 10:33:44 GMT
I have vhost like this structure:

/www/some_host/htdocs - doc root
/www/some_host/htdocs/usr/user1 - user1 dir
/www/some_host/htdocs/usr/user2 - user2 dir
/www/some_host/htdocs/usr/user3 - user3 dir

I use authorization for this vhost, and try restrict every
autorized user inside his user dir. User_name correspond with dir_name.

I use next simple .htaccess file for my vhost:
=======================================
Order Allow,Deny
Allow from All

AuthType Basic
AuthName "Some Secured Area"
AuthUserFile /www/some_host/usr.passwd
Require valid-user
Satisfy All

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REMOTE_USER} !^$
RewriteRule !^usr/%{REMOTE_USER}/ /usr/%{REMOTE_USER}/ [R]
=======================================
If user try to get out from own dir, server forcibly redirect him to correct
dir.
But, this rules don't work, because mod_rewrite not interpolate server
variables in pattern (i see this in log file).

If i use this rules (rule block for every user, without any server
variables), it's work fine:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REMOTE_USER} ^user1$
RewriteRule !^usr/user1/ /usr/user1/ [R]
RewriteCond %{REMOTE_USER} ^user2$
RewriteRule !^usr/user2/ /usr/user2/ [R]
RewriteCond %{REMOTE_USER} ^user3$
RewriteRule !^usr/user3/ /usr/user3/ [R]