httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Eric Covener" <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] RE: Using mod_cache to cache URLs matching a regular expression
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2008 13:31:03 GMT
On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 8:02 AM, Karim Zaki <Karim.Zaki@itworx.com> wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> The idea sounds good, but I can't seem to get it to work. I need to modify the host header
for example, to point the request to another vhost that has no caching defined. However, mod_rewrite
doesn't seem to allow for modifying headers, and I can't change the URI. I can use SetEnvIf
to set an environment variable if the regular expression matches, but then how do I tell Apache
not to cache if a specific environment variable is set?

I was thinking more along the lines of setting Cache-Control: no-cache
or max-age=0 as opposed to making the request look like it fell
outside of the CacheEnable context

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com