httpd-users mailing list archives

From Albert Joseph <albertjos...@live.com>
Subject [users@httpd] How to connect from a remote machine
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2008 22:01:38 GMT

Hi all,

I have a very basic question since I am very new to the Web server world.

I have recently installed Apache HTTP server.  I am running a stand-alone (not part of any
network) machine on Windows 2000 Professional.  When I was installing the server, I was asked
for the domain and server names and I didn't know what to answer, so I put "localhost", which
turned out to be a good guess.  So, I am using http://localhost/ to connect to the Apache
HTTP server.  Now, I need to connect to the server from a remote machine.  What http address
should I use ?

Thank you