httpd-users mailing list archives

From Craig Tataryn <crai...@tataryn.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Rewrite help
Date Sat, 08 Nov 2008 18:54:06 GMT
Oh wow, thanks so much!  I had a similar setup before but I guess
because "root-resources" was always mounted as the DocumentRoot in the
past it worked!

Thanks again,

Craig.

On 8-Nov-08, at 10:42 AM, Eric Covener wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 11:26 AM, Craig Tataryn <craiger@tataryn.net>
> wrote:
>> Hi, I have the following rules setup:
>>
>> -----------------
>> Alias /root-resources /Users/craiger/root-test
>>
>> RewriteEngine On
>> RewriteRule ^/freshaire/images/(.*)$ /root-resources/images/$1 [L]
>>
>> RewriteRule ^/freshaire/community/images/(.*)$
>> /root-resources/community-resources/images/$1 [L]
>> -----------------
>>
>> Everything is fine if I navigate to:
>> http://localhost/root-resources/community-resources/images/someimage.jpg
>>
>> But here I get a 404:
>> http://localhost/freshaire/community/images/someimage.jpg
>

> The second argument is a filesystem path, not a URL (unless you're
> redirecting or proxying).
>
> As a convenience, mod_rewrite will prepend your document root during
> the substitution your stuff isn't under the docroot so it doesn't save
> you here.  Have you tried using the full filesystem path in the 2nd
> parameter of the RewriteRule?
>
> RewriteRule ^/freshaire/images/(.*)$  /Users/craiger/root-test/$1 [L]
>

> --
> Eric Covener
> covener@gmail.com

Craig Tataryn
site: http://www.basementcoders.com/
podcast:http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheBasementCoders
irc: ThaDon on freenode #basementcoders, ##wicket, #papernapkin
im: craiger316@hotmail.com, skype: craig.tataryn