httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Frank Kimbell" <raqn...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache and writing to NFS
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2008 19:41:08 GMT
Hello,

I am trying a script (PHP) that writes files to disk.
Now, writing the files locally works file, if I have a write-to
directory owned apache:apache.
Files created are owned apache:apache by default.

But, I want to try this:
I have an NFS share that has a large amount of space. I want the files
to be written on there. So, I mount the NFS share as a directory and
chown it apache:apache. Even chmodded it 777 just to be sure.

It keeps failing when writing to it.
I get the following error:

failed to open stream: Stale NFS file handle in script.php on line 6
(line 6 contains the php-fwrite command)

I don't think this is related to PHP, but to Apache that has
permission problems writing to an NFS share.

I am using Apache 2.2 and PHP5. SELinux is OFF.

Any idea?

TY