httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Krist van Besien" <krist.vanbes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite behaving differently on different apache servers. What to do?
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2008 19:32:06 GMT
On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 2:09 PM, JimRaynor <dbenasic@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried this on several apache servers. On some it works perfectly. On some
> it doesn't work at all. And on some it rewrites first part of the link, but
> not query string (part after ? ) . How to configure Apache for this to work?
> Should I change something in Apache config file? Is there another piece of
> code that does the same thing, but more consistently?

As you seem to have the option of changing the apache config file you
could start by putting the rewrite rules there. Rewrite rules in
.htaccess files are tricky. You could then also add a RewriteLogFile
and increase RewriteLogLevel, as this will tell you what is going on.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
krist@vanbesien.org