httpd-users mailing list archives

From steve <sfrei...@roadrunner.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to connect from a remote machine
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2008 23:23:22 GMT
Albert Joseph wrote:
> Steve Reilly,
>
> Thank you.  I am reading http://portforward.com/routers.htm which has much information
that I hope will lead to a solution.  This might take sometime from me though, since I found
that I have to obtain a static IP first.

> Thanks again.

hi, no problem.  depending on what your going to use the server for you
may not need a static ip.  my isp STARTS at $299 month!!! for a
"business plan" that provides static ip's, you cant get them without a
business plan, yeah tw sucks.  anyway, my ip has changed once in 10
years, whether im lucky or not i dont know, but look into dyndns.com.  i
hear they have a nice service that monitors your external ip for you.

--
Steve Reilly

http://reillyblog.com