httpd-users mailing list archives

From steve <sfrei...@roadrunner.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to connect from a remote machine
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2008 22:23:23 GMT
Albert Joseph wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a very basic question since I am very new to the Web server world.
>
> I have recently installed Apache HTTP server.  I am running a stand-alone (not part of
any network) machine on Windows 2000 Professional.  When I was installing the server, I was
asked for the domain and server names and I didn't know what to answer, so I put "localhost",
which turned out to be a good guess.  So, I am using http://localhost/ to connect to the Apache
HTTP server.  Now, I need to connect to the server from a remote machine.  What http address
should I use ?

> Thank you

To access apache installation inside your LAN, just type the IP of the
computer that has apache running from another computer into the address
bar of your browser.  find your internal IP by typing ipconfig at a
command line of the computer running apache.

--
Steve Reilly