httpd-users mailing list archives

From Michael Hipp <Mich...@Hipp.com>
Subject [users@httpd] httpd.exe -k restart not working on Windows console
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2008 20:08:34 GMT
I've installed Apache 2.2.10 on my Windows XP laptop for testing purposes. I
did *not* install it as a service but am running it as a console application
on port 80.

According to this:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/platform/windows.html#wincons

I should be able to do 'httpd.exe -k restart' to have it reload so I can test
different configurations easily. But when I do that it says:

 >"C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\bin\httpd.exe" -k restart
[Sat Nov 22 13:32:31 2008] [error] (OS 2)The system cannot find the file
specified.  : No installed service named "Apache2.2".

Any ideas on how I can get this to work?

Thanks,
Michael Hipp
Heber Springs, Arkansas, USA