httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Minson, John M Mr ARMY GUEST" <john.min...@us.army.mil>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_authnz_ldap
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2008 12:14:45 GMT
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
the 'user' is coming from mod_auth_kerb . <br>
I am going to hack the code (mod_authnz_ldap) to strip off the
'@wherever' part .<br>
Eric Covener wrote:
 cite="mid:1404e5910811191242l3c5da4cbyf25d740d7ad3ce61@mail.gmail.com"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 2:06 PM, Minson, John M Mr ARMY GUEST
<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:john.minson@us.army.mil">&lt;john.minson@us.army.mil&gt;</a>
wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">using 'snoop' I determined that the ldap module is using a uid that
looks
like this

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:someuser@some.domain">someuser@some.domain</a>

The 'someuser' portion is what is in lDAP .

How do I pass just 'someuser' as the uid ?
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
That means your user is typing that into the browsers basic auth
prompt.  Apache doesn't have a way to manipulate it before running the
ldap search -- does that full email address match some other attribute
in your LDAP?

  </pre>