httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] help with mod_authn_dbd and oracle
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2008 17:25:57 GMT
Paul Simon wrote:
> Hi, I have Apache 2.2.6 running on windows. Is it possible to get mod_authn_dbd working
with oracle right out of the box? I've added the following configuration (along with the appropriate
auth modules):

> LoadModule authn_dbd_module modules/mod_authn_dbd.so
> LoadModule dbd_module modules/mod_dbd.so
>
> DBDriver oracle
>
> When I start apache I'm presented with the following error:
>
> C:\Apache2.2.6\bin>httpd.exe -k start -n Apache2.2.6
> Syntax error on line 69 of C:/Apache2.2.6/conf/access.conf:
> DBD: No driver for oracle
>
> I'm suspecting that I need the oracle driver. Is it something like apr_dbd_oracle.so?
Where, how do I build the oracle driver?

What apr-util version do you have?  1.3.x includes the Oracle
driver; 1.2.x doesn't.

To answer your question directly, if your apr-util is built
to load drivers dynamically, then yes, it should be
apr_dbd_oracle.so (or .dll).  But I don't know what the
situation is on windows.  Have you tried building it
yourself (either the driver, or the whole of apr-util)?

You might also be able to use the ODBC driver as an alternative.

--
Nick Kew